Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?

Wedding prep is in full swing!  We have our church and receptions all set, as well as our colors.  Now the fun begins: dresses, flowers, invitations, favors, etc.  I knew from the start I wanted my bridesmaids to be with me when we make many of our decisions, so I thought it would be great to ask them as soon as possible.  Over the past couple of weeks, I've been lucky enough to see each of my three bridesmaids and maid of honor.  I thought it would be so fun to do more than just verbally ask them, so instead I racked my brain [and scoured Pinterest] for the perfect idea.  I put a few ideas together and made each of my ladies a little gift box.

First, here's what I included in each box:
1. Custom Cosmetic Bags for Life's A Stitch on Etsy: I could not believe how affordable these bags were and how helpful store owners Amanda and Jeff were!
7. Crinkle paper for gift wrapping

Here's what it looked like put together...

Okay now, let's be honest, even before Mike proposed, I've thought about who I wanted my maid of honor and bridesmaids to be.  Luckily for me, it wasn't too hard of a decision, each of these ladies have been a huge part of my life for a long time.  

Here are my lovely ladies:

Maid of Honor - Laura:


Laura is Mike's sister.  We met at the beginning of my sophomore year of college through one of my other bridesmaids, Kerrin.  We were roommates during our junior year and that's when Mike and I started dating.  Laura will be the perfect maid of honor because she's really excited about getting things done for the wedding [she even made us a joint Pinterest board!], she's a hard worker, honest, and knows what she's doing!

Bridesmaids - Kerrin, Liz, Shannon, and Amanda:


Liz and Shannon are my friends from high school.  Actually, I've known Liz since we were on swim together in elementary school, but we became really close in high school and have stayed besties ever since.  Shannon is a funny story.  We met at SATs when she was behind me in line to check-in.  We share the same last name [hence me calling her my sister], and she struck up a conversation because apparently everyone at her high school always asked her if she was related to me.  She friended me on Facebook shortly after, wanted to date one of my friends [that obviously didn't work out] so we hung out all the time, and the rest is history!  Liz and Shannon always make me excited to visit my hometown and are going to be fantastic bridesmaids because they can actually make decisions [because I'm incapable] and will be honest with me.  


Kerrin and I were golf teammates in college.  We roomed together during our first ever college tournament and became really close at the beginning of sophomore year.  It's because of her that I'm friends with almost all of my college friends.  She is honestly the most kind, generous, and funniest person I have ever met.


Amanda and I actually met through blog land - how cool is that?  We were paired in the Great Pumpkin Swap in 2012 and it just so happened that we lived 45 minutes away from each other!  Since then, we've ran races [yes plural] together, painted pottery, double dated, baked, and become more than just bloggie besties but lifelong friends.

Bridesmaids are also good for a lot of things, like creating hashtags for your wedding: #megandmiketaylor & #taylorwedding092014...

Here they all are!!
and no, this is not the dress or the color we chose

And here's what we've done so far... yes, we made a Pinterest board to share our ideas!
Here's what we did: Meg and Mike's Wedding:
The Proposal
Will You Be Our Flower Girl?

Linking up for a couple of Wedding Wednesdays with Kristyn & Mary and Meredith & Marie

11 comments:

Kristyn said...

Ooh these are so cute! I love those bags! So sweet!

Thanks for linking up!

Kristina said...

These are fantastic! What a fun idea! I also love the photobombing dog!!!

Patty said...

You are the absolute cutest! How fun is this idea!! Love it!!!

According to Jax said...

Found you through the linkup! This is adorable!!!
I just got married in August, so I will have tons of wedding stuff on my blog. Stop by and say hi! :)
www.jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com

Jen said...

This is so amazing! I love how you asked them. :)

Raewyn @ Be A Warrior Queen said...

These boxes are so cute!!!

Amanda said...

I love the way you asked your friends to be your bridesmaids - how thoughtful of you! :)

Christine said...

Love those boxes; such a cute idea!

Allison Walton said...

I am SO glad that Pinterest didn't exist when I was planning my wedding. My wedding would have been 10x more expensive!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

So cute! What lucky ladies ;)

Mary said...

What an awesome gift! So thoughtful!

Post a Comment

 
Design Poppiness Designs