Friday, August 16, 2013

A Summer Memory...

Today's topic for the North East Bloggers' August Blogging Challenge is "A Summer Memory."

I had some ideas kicking around for this last week, but now, after last weekend, I think I have a new favorite summer memory!
Our engagement!
Here are a few photos from this week I had yet to post:
Mike's mom checking out my ring!


Making it "Facebook official"

We might have baked a cake to celebrate it... sometimes butter yellow cake mix and store-bought frosting cakes are the best ever 

We received our first engagement card yesterday :)

AND THE RING!

Oh, and just in case that wasn't enough for one week, I received an email yesterday from Titleist.  Remember this spring when I went to a photo shoot with them??? Well, I was chosen for their U.S. Amateur spread, so I get to be on their website, other golf websites, and even in magazine this week!  [I'm in the purple in case you couldn't find me :) ]



North East Bloggers

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures! I'd never though to write on a cake with sprinkles. I'll have to give it a try one of these days.

Anonymous said...

I agree...sometimes nothing beats store-brought frosting and cake mix, just like boxed macaroni!

Jen said...

I love the Facebook official photo! :)

Anonymous said...

Your ring is beautiful! Mike did a great job! Congrats again on the engagement AND congrats for your photos making it other websites and a magazine!!! You must be on cloud 9 this week :D

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

You are having a great summer! I love that you took a picture of making it Facebook official!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the wngagement and on the photos!

Scarlett @Scarletts Excellent Adventures said...

Cute post for the topic! CONGRATULATIONS! Beautiful ring!

Amanda said...

Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!!

I love the cake too :) Looks super yummy!

Congrats on getting to be on the Titleist Webpage! That's too cool!

Allison Walton said...

Aaw, congratulations on your engagement!!! Your ring is beautiful. I love the intertwining parts on the sides. Well done, Mike!

Post a Comment

 
Design Poppiness Designs