Saturday, March 23, 2013

Easy How-To: Jello Shots

Really, this doesn't need too much of an explanation, it's a very simple recipe.  However, I like to think I've perfected it since my friends ALWAYS ask for them at parties haha.  They are delicious and there are so many flavor options.  Hopefully some of you, who enjoy alcohol, have probably enjoyed these before, but if not - you definitely should give them a try!

Ingredients:
- 3 oz packages of your favorite Jello gelatin dessert
- Your favorite alcohol in the freezer [I use vodka, but you could use rum or tequila]
- Boiling water
- Small plastic cups

Directions:
- Choose your favorite flavor combinations.  I like to make batches with 6 oz of Jello so I use 2 different 3 oz packages.  It adds more flavor with two different kids.
- Empty the dry Jello into a large bowl and mix it together.
- Add 1 cup of boiling water to the dry Jello and mix
- Once completely dissolved, add 1 cup of the cold alcohol [replacing the cold water].
- Separate into the small plastic cups [for 3 oz cups, fill about halfway], place on a cookie tray, and put into the refrigerator for a few hours to harden.
- Enjoy!
Jello flavors


Two flavors each paired with a flavored vodka


I made four flavors for Mike and Dave's party.  The first two flavors are the types of jello and the last flavor is the type of alcohol.

3 comments:

Jane said...

You seriously have PERFECT timing! We're going to a party tonight and wondering what to bring. I know what we're bringing now!

Jen said...

I love how easy jello shots are to make. :)

Jen said...

I love how easy jello shots are to make. :)

Post a Comment

 
Design Poppiness Designs