Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Birthday Boys: St. Patrick's Themed

Last weekend, we had a birthday party for Mike and one of our other roommates, Dave.  Their birthdays are a year and a day apart - makes party planning easy!  Last year, I made it a pirate theme, and this year I went for St. Patrick's Day.  Thank you, Dollar Tree.
[Has anyone ever heard of/played that ring game in the bottom corner?  Mike and I bought it last year at an ice cream shop in Florida and finally put it up for the party - it's so fun!]

If you follow me on Twitter, you know I tweeted about Mike's choice of birthday dessert.  I thought I would make my Irish Car Bomb cupcakes to go along with the St. Paddy's Day theme, but instead he wanted to choose something off my Pinterest boards - funny, right?  Well, here is what he chose!



Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Chocolate Cheesecake Bars

Oh boy, were they good.  However, if you ever want to make them, I just have two suggestions: 
- For the cookie dough: melt the butter and use an extra tablespoon of butter [this is the only wet ingredient to keep the dough together].
- Flatten out the cookie dough in your hand and place it on top of the cheesecake.  It will look messy, but it all blends together while baking.  This prevents the cheesecake from coming up through the cracks of dough.
the layers


what the top looks like before baking





I also made lots and lots of jello shots.  They are an absolute favorite in my house.  Look for a quick "how-to" post this week!


Oh, and this isn't the first time he has asked for something Pinterest-y haha!  I even made a "Mike's Board" on Pinterest.  


Lastly, of course, the birthday boys.  Happy Birthday, Dave and Mike!



Like that Three Olives Cake Vodka in the corner? Oh yeah, that stuff is gooooood.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that he asks you to 'pinterest' things for him! Looks like a fun party.

Megalin said...

Awesome stuff! He's one lucky guy :)

I'll Love You Forever said...

Fun fun fun. Love that he has his own pinterest board, haha.

Blue Dog Belle said...

Um... can you come throw me a party??? This looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Those cheesecake bars sound so good! You are awesome at planning themed parties. Mike is a lucky guy. :)

Laura Darling said...

Wow those desserts look awesome! And I love how he used "pinterest" as a verb! :)

Jen said...

Wow the desserts look delicious!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that dessert looks amazing! Looks like you threw an awesome party :) Happy Belated Birthday Mike!

Post a Comment

 
Design Poppiness Designs