Thursday, November 13, 2014

Leftover Candy Part 2: Baby Ruth Crisp

Because let's be real, who really LIKES Baby Ruth bars?  I'm sorry if I just offended you, but you cannot tell me you'd choose a Baby Ruth over a Snickers any day of the week!  Well, the variety pack we bought for Halloween had both Snickers and Baby Ruth, so you know there was no reason to eat them.  So, I decided to make another treat, one I actually really like!  If you missed it, here's the link to my first attempt at leftover candy treats: Butterfinger Doodles.  






RECIPE
Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 10 mini Baby Ruths
- 2 cups cornflakes

Directions: 
1. In a medium saucepan, melt together the butter and peanut butter on medium.
2. When melted, add the Baby Ruths to the mixture and stir until they are melted in, as well.
3. Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour the corn flakes into the melted mixture.
4. Grease a loaf pan and press the crisp into the bottom.
5. Let cool, cut into bars, and enjoy!

7 comments:

Jen said...

You are brilliant this is such a good idea.

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Is it just be or did the first thing pop into my mind was the scene from the Goonies?? That wouldn't be my first choice for candies but I wouldn't turn it down either!

Unknown said...

yum! this sounds so good! i havent had a baby ruth in years! xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a great jewelry giveaway on cornflake dreams

Sara McCarty said...

Ok, you are a genius! I love this idea! Now I'm slightly disappointed I didn't get any Baby Ruth bars!

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

oh yum! How fun in this recipe!!

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

NICE!! And to me it's healthier than just eating a babe ruth bar, no? #girlmath]

XO sarita it's my girls' world

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Holy deliciousness this looks amazing! Now I'm craving something sweet :)

Post a Comment

 
Design Poppiness Designs