Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My First Foodie Pen Pal!

Since I moved to Charleston, I've been trying to get my "foodie" side in gear with all of the great restaurants around town.  Let's be real, maybe I wasn't a foodie before because if you look up foods famous by state, for Connecticut you'll find a steamed cheeseburger or pizza you can get in any other state and for RI you'll find hotdogs... no joke [but seriously, what else do I expect from a state where the state bird is a chicken and the state flower is a weed?].

Moral of the story, I could not wait to join Foodie Pen Pals and share some Charleston awesome-ness with a new friend.  I was paired with Kelcie from Hammers and Hot Plates who is also a newlywed!  She and her husband, Andrew, put together a fantastic package with goodies that all had a story and are from their home state of Oklahoma!

They even sent Mike and me this beautiful 3-year journal to complete together with questions on tons of different topics!

In return, I sent Kelcie a few of my favorites and some new Charleston finds I found in the city.  You can check out more about what I sent her on her blog

I cannot wait to participate again next month!  Thanks to Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean for hosting!

The Lean Green Bean

7 comments:

Jillian said...

cute idea! xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a May Designs giveaway on cornflake dreams

Rebecca Jo said...

What a fun mail day to get food in the mailbox!!!!

Jen said...

This is such a fun idea, I absolutely love it! :) You got some great goodies.

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Looks like you got some great goodies! You'll have to let me know how you like the noodles.

Unknown said...

Mmm those sauces look yummy and that journal is really cute! I love Charleston so I bet your package was awesome too!

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

How fun! I have always wanted to do this one, I really should!

Miss Nutralicious said...

I love that you got a journal in your package. That's awesome! Also, I love local themes. Having a foodie penpal is so fun!

Post a Comment

 
Design Poppiness Designs