Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Basement Bathroom DIY Reveal

About a month ago, Mike and I decided we wanted to get going on our LAST house project.  

Side note: seriously, that's so weird to say.  Three and a half years ago, this house was covered in awful wallpaper and outdated everything.  You can check out the old wallpaper and all the other reno projects by clicking here.  

Over a year ago, we finished the main half of the basement with a bar, but we've been putting off the kitchen and bathroom portion like crazy.  Since we don't need a second kitchen, we decided to transform it into a full laundry room as well as update the bathroom.  Mike and I have been working side-by-side, quite literally: his project is the laundry room and mine is the bathroom.  This isn't the first time I've redone a bathroom, it's actually the third one I've done in our house.  Here's our main floor half bath and the vlog I made when I started our upstairs bath [seriously, it's a gem, check it out haha].  Apparently I never showed the final upstairs bath photo since this is the most recent upstairs bath update, so here it is:



Now back to downstairs, a couple of weeks ago, I gave you a sneak peek of the finished product, but now that we've added the final accents, it's time to show you the whole thing!  I'm so sad we don't have any real "before" photos from when our roommate lived down there, it was GROSS!  It took a lot of scrubbing, sanding, mudding, sanding, painting, and patience, but I did it!  
Here's what we started with in the basement [after I smashed a hole in the wall, of course].  The bathroom is behind Mike.  

 
Before painting - I didn't realize that I forgot to take photos before mudding and taping!

 
mid-painting
 

 AND NOW, WELCOME TO OUR NEW BATHROOM!!!



My completed project [on the left] and Mike's current state [on the right] - I WIN!!! ...or I guess he does because now I get to help him.

7 comments:

Lisa C said...

I love the new color. Looks great!

Jen said...

Wow it looks amazing! Great job. :)

Anonymous said...

Both bathrooms looks beautiful! I really like the color paint you picked for the downstairs bathroom, I recently picked out a similar purple-gray color for our laundry room! :)

Kate @ Daffodils said...

fancy! Great work!

Amanda @ Mandaloves Blog said...

You pick great paint colors!

Kristina said...

Super cute! I love the colors!!! Good job!

Unknown said...

From dark brown to light lavender – now that’s transformation! You did an amazing job in this bathroom project. So, what’s next? Probably the one where you get to help Mike. What’s that about, anyway? Dan @ I.P.Q. Construction

Post a Comment

 
Design Poppiness Designs