Thursday, November 14, 2013

Annalee's Balsamic Pot Roast

Hidey Ho Neighbors!

My name is Annalee and I blog over at Life, Laughs and Ladds in my ever dwindling spare time!  Meg was ever so kind to let me appear on her little piece of blogging heaven, so I hope I don't disappoint!  I'm a true believer in test driving, so if you like what you see come on over to my neck of the woods and say hi!  

As that fluffy white stuff starts to make an appearance in the Last Frontier, the meals get heartier and the people get sleepier.  The lack of vitamin D around here has some interesting consequences including but not limited to: hibernation, looking like a Cullen, drinking err maybe that's just me, game nights and copious amounts of comfort food.

I, like any good seasonally depressed sun lover, lack some serious motivation during this time of the year.  I'm perfectly fine scrounging for food but my inner Martha Stewart won't have it.  Enter, the crock pot.  My crock pot and I are tighter than the spanx I tried to put on this morning.  I can always count on this amazing apparatus to have my back and a warm delicious meal ready when the rumblies in my tumbly start knock, knock, knocking on my door.

I give you the amazing, the seriously easy and completely mouth watering:


Ingredients
  • 4-5lb beef roast
  • 1 1/2 c. beef broth
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 3 cloves garlic, pressed
  • 1 lb baby carrots
  • 2 lbs baby red potatoes, quartered
  • Extra salt, pepper and garlic to season roast

Instructions
  1.  Season your roast with salt, pepper and garlic.
  2. In a small bowl whisk together beef broth, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, salt, red pepper flakes and garlic. -Taste it, anything going on something you're cooking, you should want to drink!
  3. Place beef roast in crock pot. Top with carrots and potatoes. Pour liquid mixture over the beef, carrots and potatoes.
  4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Ingredients
  • 4-5lb beef roast
  • 1 1/2 c. beef broth
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 3 cloves garlic, pressed
  • 1 lb baby carrots
  • 2 lbs baby red potatoes, quartered
Instructions
  1. In a small bowl whisk together beef broth, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, salt, red pepper flakes and garlic.
  2. Place beef roast in crock pot. Top with carrots and potatoes. Pour liquid mixture over the beef, carrots and potatoes.
  3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Read more at http://www.julieseatsandtreats.com/2013/06/crock-pot-balsamic-roast/#6QDU1ZBgtedfMfcE.99



And because two nights of not cooking is always better than one, save the juice, add some swiss and a hoagie for french dip!  Voila! 


Another recipe from semi-homemade with Annalee
Until next time...

Life, Laughs and Ladds

Thanks so much for sharing, Annalee!  This will definitely be a great cold weather recipe.  Also, your Crock Pot is also the cutest thing ever!!  Annalee was my amazing fall Cara Box partner this quarter, and I can't wait to share the box she sent me [that almost made me cry, by the way] next week!  

6 comments:

I'll Love You Forever said...

This sounds delicious! heading over to meet your bloggy friend! :)

Jane said...

Pinned!! This looks SOOOO good!

Bean said...

put this in my crock pot a few mins ago. . can't wait for dinner! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I had a pot roast needing to be cooked and no recipe. I found yours yesterday and made it tonight for dinner. Best pot roast EVER! Will be making it again for sure. Thank you for sharing.

Jane said...

This is one of my most re-pinned pins. It's over 500 right now!!

Annalee said...

Meg! I found this post while looking for my recipe again. This was so fun! I think it's time to fire up the blog again. Hope you are well! :)

Post a Comment

 
Design Poppiness Designs