Monday, September 23, 2013

Two Weeks In...

It's been two weeks since I started my half marathon training.  I'm up to 4 miles or so, but have been trying to do a lot of cross training.  Including the running [obviously], ab workouts, a couple Insanity workouts, doing every crazy activity with my kids at work, and walks around the neighborhood at night with Mike, I've simply been trying to stay more active.  

I also joined The Fit Approach's Sweat Pink.  I am now a Sweat Pink Ambassador!  I love their supportive network of strong women working together to live a lifestyle and challenge ourselves.  

I also bought some awesome LunarGlide+ 5 running sneakers from Nike.  They are great for running and stability.  
The laces attach to these "Flywires" [the little pink elastics going into the shoes] that tighten the whole shoe around your foot when you pull the laces.  They really give the shoe an awesome, custom fit.  
I allow myself one pair of new sneakers for every half marathon I run, so when I add my Sweat Pink pink laces to them this week, I will be ready to go!

Borrowed Heaven

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new sneakers are so cute! And the pink laces will match perfect with them! Good luck as you continue to train :)

Jen said...

Super cute new running shoes!!! :) Happy Training!

Veronica Lee Burns said...

sound like a great pair of shoes...I'm trying to figure out what kind of shoes I need to buy...mine are dying and need to be replaced.

Unknown said...

Good work! Cute shoes! I just bought a new pair of Nikes this summer, but they are starting to hurt already :(

Post a Comment

 
Design Poppiness Designs