Monday, June 3, 2013

Pinterestingly Motivated

Oh yeah, I've been motivated lately.  I've come to the conclusion that when I know I'm not allowed to do something [i.e. since I'm in a brace for another week and a half], I want to do everything around the house.  Not just limited to Pinterest, we've power washed our patio and walkways, mulched, and pruned trees and shrubs.  I'd have to say our lawn is looking awesome.

Here's what Pinterest fun I've been up to lately, since I haven't done this in MONTHS:

We had a banana left over from our Bluth frozen bananas last weekend, and it was slowly going old, so I decided to make some healthy cookies.  I've been seeing these recipes all over Pinterest, so I decided to finally give one a try.  Here's what I used: one very ripe banana, 3 tablespoons oats, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, 2 tablespoons chocolate chips.  I baked them at 350 for 15 minutes and loved every bite!

 
We bought some amazing steaks a few weeks back.  Mike found this amazing way to pan fry then bake them so that they're "restaurant style."  I'm not a steak lover, but holy moly these were good... the wrapped in bacon part didn't hurt either!

Last year in my year of Pinterest, I started a cork letter.  Well, I know this isn't a new project, but here is my progress:

I fell in love with this menu board and so did Mike, so I made one for us.  It's soooo convenient. 

To match our new menu board and kitchen, I also made another one of these plastic bag holders with the extra background fabric.

Last weekend, I was just in the mood to bake.  I've been trying really hard not to bake since I started my healthy journey [and I also bought tons of Girl Scout cookies right before I started it... so they've been lying around]... so I decided to put everything together and made these.  You know how much I love Samoas!  The only change I made was doubling the caramel in the cheesecake to 4 tablespoons. 



6 comments:

Kristin said...

Doubling the caramel is always a good idea.

Now that we can stream Netflix, I'm TRULY going to get on this Arrested Development thing. I'm at the beginning of season 2.

I like the cork letter too, but that'd take forever!

Jen said...

Look at you! :) I love everything.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wish I could catch your energy bug! Everything looks amazing. Love the menu idea too. How's your elbow/wrist feeling?

Unknown said...

I am so ready for school to be out so I can get my Pinterest on!

Jamie said...

The cork letter is coming along great!

Heather @ From Here to There said...

You have been a busy busy bee! Those cookies look delicious, I'm going to have to try them!! :)

Post a Comment

 
Design Poppiness Designs