Saturday, February 23, 2013

Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies

So, I went on a "Pinterest"-ing spree recently and pinned far too many desserts.  [Follow me there!]  They all looked SO GOOD but A. I didn't have all of the ingredients for any of the recipes B. I didn't feel like going grocery shopping [aka spending $40 when I would intend on only buying one thing - does anyone else do that when they go to the store??], and C. I hadn't made my own recipe creation in a LONG time.

Many of you already know my love of chocolate chip cookies, but here is a new one to add to the list!
This recipe was the one on the back of the Nestle Tollhouse morsels bag with a few modifications.

1. I used my lactose-free recipe, replacing the butter with butter-flavored Crisco and water.  If you have never tried this Crisco, you should - it makes everything so much buttery-er [yeah, I made that a word].

2. Instead of the flour, add 2 1/4 cups of your favorite yellow cake mix.

3. Cut the baking soda and salt in half.

4. Use mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.

5. Add 1/2 cup sprinkles.

6. Refrigerate the dough before scooping into heaving tablespoons on the ungreased cookie sheet.

7. Bake for 11 minutes at 350 degrees. [They will look slightly uncooked - they're still done!]


Don't forget to add the water with the butter Crisco!

 The top is what they look like when you take them out and the bottom is how they sink after 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, out of the oven. 

After 3 batches, I got them right - on the right!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Show and Tell Saturday at Sassy Little Lady is LIVE! I’d love to have you share your post!
http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday-5

Kathie

Jen said...

My husband would love this!! Will definitely be making them. :)

Kate @ Daffodils said...

This look so good!

Anonymous said...

These look delicious!

Post a Comment

 
Design Poppiness Designs