First of all, I cannot wait to update you on the snow outside! I just woke up, but it looks like we have at least 2 feet. So, in the mean time, I thought I would share what I'm making for lunch today:
So I'm not normally a big fan of buffalo chicken by itself. I went through a phase when I would order it all the time, eat a wing or two, and remember that I don't like the spice. However, I really like the buffalo chicken flavor. And yes, if you cut the spice A LOT there actually is a flavor more than "spicy" to buff chic. For this reason, I've always been a fan of buffalo chicken pizza.
On another note, I don't like chunks of blue cheese. Most buffalo chicken dips I've tried before have big chunks of blue cheese. When I think I'm getting a bite of chicken, I get a bite of pure cheese and it's gross!
So, for those two reasons, this is why this dip is fantastic! There is NO blue cheese [only ranch - my favorite] and the ranch and cream cheese cut down on the spice a lot. You definitely could add more hot sauce or blue cheese if you like that kind of thing, but if not, this is the dip for you!
Okay, here we go:
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Frank's Redhot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 pound raw chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Put the water and broth in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Put the chicken in the pot and boil until cooked.
- Pull the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour cream cheese into deep baking dish and stir until smooth.
- Mix in ranch, hot sauce, and chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes until mixture bubbles.
- Serve with veggies or tortilla chips.