Mike made this recipe last week and it was spectacular! The sauce took a little while to make, (it was probably a total of 45 minutes prep time) but if you have the time you definitely should try it!
- 3 chicken breasts (1.5 pounds)
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 lb prosciutto (diced)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 7 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup reserved broth (after boiling chicken)
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Beau Monde
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 package Brailla lasagna noodles (do not need to be cooked beforehand)
- Cook chicken in medium pot with broth and water for filling until tender
- Allow chicken to cool and pull into bite-sized pieces
- In large saucepan, melt butter, blend in in flour, and cook, stirring constantly over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add milk, cream, and reserved broth, stirring constantly until it bubbles (up to 15 minutes)
- Add seasonings (from rosemary to salt in ingredients) and stir
- Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese.
- Spray 9x13 baking pan with Pam.
- Line the pan with a thin layer of sauce.
- Place a layer of noodles, then sauce, then chicken and prosciutto.
- Make a total of 3 layers with that process, then do a 4th layer of noodles on top, with sauce on top of that.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
making the sauce