This is an awesome, easy recipe that makes a ton of food. I made it for my work holiday party/ my coworker's birthday when I also made these. I used a 6 quart crock pot and this recipe almost filled it.
1 lb box pasta
32 oz jar sauce
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese
12 oz bag mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Boil pasta until it is al dente and strain
- Line the bottom of the crock pot with sauce, then put in a layer of pasta [1/3 of it]
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup Parmesan on the pasta, then small dollops of ricotta, and a layer of mozzarella [photo below]
- Make 2 more layers beginning with sauce
- Cover the pot with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes
- Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes
- If you are eating right away, put it in the crock pot on the warming setting
- If you are waiting to eat, cover it with foil and put it in the fridge. When you are ready to serve, sprinkle a little more mozzarella on top, put a little more sauce on the sides [to keep the pasta from getting hard], put it in the crock pot on high for a half hour, and turn down to low until it bubbles. When it does, turn it to the warming setting.
Then we had our great lunch - so much fantastic food!
Bread with garlic oil, Caesar salad with homemade dressing [I need to get that recipe from my coworker], baked ziti and meatballs, and homemade minestrone.
Yeah, I was done for the day. Luckily, we played charades afterwards!