Tuesday, June 12, 2012

raspberry jam

as i alluded to in my last post, i haven't exactly had the chance to eat healthy/ be crafty or creative/ bake/ even write lately.  work and house projects have kept me constantly busy.

today, on my day off, i had to drive to rhode island to get my jeep fixed [something about a recall on a part].

in the meantime, my mom and i went out to lunch, and we went to the market to get lots of fresh fruits.  she loved the strawberry jam i made a month or so back, so we bought plenty of raspberries so i could try and make raspberry jam.  

i sort of winged it, and i really like it!  it's a bit more tart than the strawberry jam.

ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds of raspberries
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 lemon juiced

directions:
- combine lemon juice and sugar in medium pot on medium heat.
- stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- add mashed raspberries, stir, and turn up the heat to medium/high.
- stir once a minute or so for 15 minutes or until the temperature reaches 215 degrees.
- cool and enjoy!

so much fresh fruit from the market - now i'll be able to eat much healthier this week!
how delicious do these look?


3 comments:

Lauren said...

I love raspberries and I love jam so I don't know how I could go wrong with raspberry jam. Looks delicious on that English muffin.

I would love it if you'd link up at Off the Hook.

Meg said...

Thanks so much, Lauren! I would love to join your link up!

Six Sisters said...

This looks so delicious!! I love yummy homemade jam on an English muffin!! Thanks for the recipe. Thanks for sharing on our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Hope you come back next week. -The Sisters

Post a Comment

 
Design Poppiness Designs