Sunday, April 1, 2012

let's do this: april 30 day pinterest challenge


okay, so i am one of the many, many people on pinterest who dreams of making everything they pin.  well, i'm going to do it!

every day for the month of april, i am going to make, create, alter, buy, do, etc. something i pinned to one of my boards.

if you would like, please follow me on pinterest, and if you see something crazy you want me to try, comment on it and tag me in the comment.

i'm very excited about this!

Follow Me on Pinterest

day 1: oatmeal/ cereal snacks from my "healthy-ness" board

oatmeal/cereal snacks



[the original recipe is in the pin, but here is how i altered it]

ingredients:
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup rice krispies
1 cup oats
1/3 cup craisins
1/3 dark chocolate chips

directions:
- combine honey, peanut butter, and butter in a medium pot on medium heat
- cook until combined (2-3 minutes)
- take off heat, and add rice krispies, oats, and craisins to pot
- put pot in refrigerator to cool, and put chocolate in freezer [this prevents chocolate from melting into the whole mix] for 15 minutes
- combine chocolate and granola mixture
- spoon tablespoons into cupcake wrappers




5 comments:

Becky said...

I really want to try making these now! They look like a healthy-enough treat.

Good luck with the challenge!I don't think I could ever be dedicated enough to try it.

Ellen's Cakes said...

I am totally going to steal this idea, it looks so easy and healthy for a snack :)
I haven't checked out pinterest yet but it looks like I would be on it for agessssss haha :)

Meg said...

Thanks, Becky! It definitely requires a little more planning with my day, but it's fun to have something to do every night after work :)

Meg said...

Definitely steal them, they are delicious :) And only sign up for Pinterest if you want to waste infinitely more time than you ever might have on Facebook haha

Six Sisters said...

These look so good! Thanks for linking up with Strut Your Stuff Saturday. We're hoping you will join us again next week with more great ideas! - The Sisters

Post a Comment

 
Design Poppiness Designs