I've made some good recipes, some bad recipes, but friends, this is a great recipe. I always make Rice Krispies treats around Christmas, and I thought it would be fun to try something with Cocoa Krispies this year. Then, I found some really awesome Jet-Puffed Mini Marshmallows. Who doesn't love the combination of chocolate and peppermint, especially around the holidays?! While the marshmallows do taste minty on their own, the peppermint didn't shine through too much with the chocolate combination, so I decided to add a little mint extract to the recipe. The last component was inspired by Kristin. Her cake batter treats (my favorite things ever) have cream cheese frosting and cake batter in them, and I just love that idea! Everything just seemed to come together perfectly!
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup canned cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup dry chocolate cake batter
- 10 oz bag peppermint marshmallows (or regular mini mallows work fine, too!)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 cups Cocoa Krispies
1. In a large saucepan on medium, melt butter, frosting, and cake mix.
2. Once melted, add marshmallows and mix until those as melted, as well.
3. Add the extract, stir once more, and take it off the heat.
4. Mix in the krispies one cup at a time.
5. Spread mixture into a greased pan (we used an 11 x 7) and decorate.
6. Allow to cool and cut into pieces. Enjoy!